Return to Catskills Reservations
With Horseback Riding
Horse Ranch in the Catskills Mountains of New York - Rocking
Horse Ranch Details and Photos - For active families who want
the casual atmosphere of a Ranch & the comfort of a complete resort
at an all inclusive price.
Horseback riding & instruction, pony rides, hay rides, indoor
pool, 2 outdoor pools, giant water slide, pool with interactive spray,
private lake, water skiing, paddle boats, fishing, tennis courts,
basketball, handball, shuffleboard, softball, bocci, miniature golf,
25' climbing wall, shooting gallery, archery, video arcade, fitness
room, sauna room, whirlpool hot tub, winter fun park w/ski area, snow
tube run, ice skating, snow making, sleigh rides, children's programs,
4 to12 Yr. old day camp supervised program, children's nursery*, baby
sitting+* great food -choice menu, huge breakfast buffet, cocktail
parties, pizza parties, ice cream parties, niteclub (no minimum /
no Cover), nightly entertainment, nature trails, over 500 acres *
Nominal Charge + Advanced Reservations Required
Prices and Reservations
Dude Ranch. in the Catskills Mountaind of upstate New York - You may want to bring your camera to photograph
the abundant resident wildlife. The facilities are maintained and
supervised by one of the best ranching staffs in the country.
. Horseback Riding in the beautiful Shawangunk Mountains. Riding
for all levels. You will ride on personally selected mounts, chosen
for their smooth gaits, gentle nature, and sensitivity to a rider's
needs. Among them are Purebred Arabians, Quarter Horses, Thoroughbreds,
Appaloosa, Paints and Draft Horses. The terrain is generally hilly,
through thick woods using western saddles. Optional cattle drive
In addition there is Kids day camp, nursery, swimming, game room,
basketball, archery, Ping Pong, Tennis, Mini Golf, Paddleball, Bocce,
Volleyball, The Pinegrove Ironworks Fitness and optional massage
rooms are connected to lobby, dining rooms, niteclub, indoor pool,
day camp, arcade and gym by air conditioned/heated hallways. Each
room has private bath, telephones, color cable TV, individual temperature
controls (a/c heat), and daily maid service. Prices and Reservations
- Open: All year.
- Reservations: Reservations are recommended in advance. Call (800-805-3559),
Minimum stay is 2 nights.
- Accommodations: 120 rooms, each with private bath and color cable TV.
- Restrictions: No pets.
- Handicapped Facilities/Accessible: Yes.
- Meals: Full American plan, beginning with dinner on day of arrival and ending with lunch on day of departure, plus our free Chuck Wagon Snack Bar, where you can get hamburgers, hot dogs, cheeseburgers, veggie-burgers, French fries, ice cream, lemonade, iced tea, fruit cups, and cookies all day long. There are daily cocktail parties with hors d'oeuvres for adults and coke-tail parties with a DJ for children.
- Recreation & Activities: Horseshoe pitching, horseback riding, junior wrangling programs, ponies, hayrides, paddle boating, fishing in our stock pond, indoor/outdoor pools (both pool have a double water slide), massages (additional expense), archery, tennis, basketball, volleyball, handball, bocce ball, shuffleboard, ping-pong tables, pool tables (additional fee), air hockey tables (additional fee), game room, (additional fee), rock climbing wall, beach volleyball, softball, mini golf, nature walks/hikes, cattle calling, line dancing, bingo games, new state-of-the-art fitness center, cash bar, plus organized activities.
- Attractions & Special Events: Baby animal farm, campfires where we roast marshmallows and sing songs, karaoke, milking demonstrations, and live nightly entertainment.
From The South: North on NJ Turnpike to Woodbridge Interchange then NJ Garden State Parkway North until NY Thruway North to Exit 16 Harriman Route 17 West to Exit 113 Right on Route 209 North. Go approximately 20 miles. Left on Samsonville Road. Follow signs to Main Lodge.